American Express Careers
Mgr / Sr Mgr, Scaled Agile Transformation
The Credit and Fraud Risk Capabilities team is a newly expanded and integrated organization at American Express that brings risk strategies to life by enabling customer focused capabilities. Within the broader Credit and Fraud Risk organization, team members are undergoing a radical change in mindset and behavior as we transition to the Scaled Agile framework. Our team is looking for a team member who is passionate about having an impact, building relationships, and perseverant in seeing changes through to completion.
- Codify and roll-out scaled agile training and reinforce messages to the Credit and Fraud Risk organization, ensuring that risk strategy teams, modeling teams and internal capability teams are appropriately utilizing the SAFe framework.
- Find balance between strict scaled agile protocol and practical application within our organization.
- Ensure training and messaging is tangible, engaging and clear versus purely theoretical.
- Be an expert on industry best practices and transforming large scale organizations from waterfall to scaled agile methodology.
- Understand challenges and opportunities by organizing regular listening post sessions and creating mechanisms to monitor and gather stakeholder feedback. Transform issues or recommendations into actionable solutions with the goal of creating change in critical areas. Build relationships with stakeholders.
- Seek out internal and external forums to learn from and share agile best practices. Serve as a representative from the Credit and Fraud Risk organization on existing peer learning groups within American Express. Design potential solutions and improvements to test, refine and implement with the internal team.
- Improve efficiency of teams, re-enforce role clarity and serve as a “go to” expert and mentor for team members.
- Detailed knowledge and appreciation for scaled agile framework; Experience transforming large complex organizations from waterfall project-based environment to the scaled agile model.
- Experience in change management, or leading large scale transformations.
- Basic understanding of Credit and/or Fraud content and processes, or an ability and hunger to learn quickly
- Strong listening and communication skills, with perseverance to follow through on promises made.
- Ability to transform the technical into creative, digestible and engaging material that stakeholders are excited to learn.
- Self-starter who is interested in expanding the role in ways that result in improvement to organizational agility, efficiencies and implementation of risk capabilities.
- Positive and flexible team player with a passion for impact is a must.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time