American Express Careers
Manager - Finance
- Provide reporting and close control support for the GCS business, aiding in vital monthly processes and maintaining quality and accuracy of business segment P&L and metrics data.
- Produce insights that will support decision-making by senior leaders on business initiatives designed to shape the future direction of the company
- Partner with the LFO team on investigation of P&L variances to ensure accurate understanding of results as well as correct accounting treatment of new initiatives and/or projects.
- Develop expertise of overall GCS P&L and metrics
- Support month-end close and Risk and Opportunities process for GCS P&L
- Drive consensus with other Finance teams, and represent to GCS Finance and other AXP Business Units
- Partner with Finance Transformation team to implement and test new reporting and close control systems and processes.
- Work closely with Investor Relations, External Reporting, Controllership, GCS Business and GCS LFO organization
- Lead a team of 3 analysts owning individual Business Unit results & Close Control processes
- Strong Excel skills required, understanding of Hyperion Essbase, Oracle, OBI, HFR, and TM1 experience preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities through strong organizational skills, lead projects, implement new and improve current processes
- Strong team player with an ability to deliver in a cross-functional environment
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Must be able to delegate and influence without authority
- 3-5 years of accounting/financial reporting experience
- Results Leadership: Ability to manage multiple and complex workstreams and work across boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes. Skilled in the use and applications of American Express systems and processes
- Change Leadership: Continuously seek process improvement and play a lead role in driving change in the organization each and every day
- Strategic Thinking: Solid ability to adopt a broad perspective and link business strategies to specific initiatives. Possess a strong grasp of the competitive landscape and market trends
- Analytical Thinking: Strong aptitude for analytics. Demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-add insights from large amounts of financial data. Intellectually curious.
- Communication: Superior ability to communicate with and influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time