American Express Careers
Exec/Admin Assistant I
- Organizing and maintaining a complex calendar using a high level of tact and integrity. Will need to know how to schedule meetings across multiple time-zones.
- Managing leader’s daily schedule, prioritize meetings and following up on request items
- Coordinating conferences and staff meetings, including room booking, catering, etc.
- Coordinating travel arrangements and logistics (hotel, rental car, and other travel-related needs)
- Processing monthly expense reports and reviewing expense reports for approval
- Interfacing with HR on recruitment, on boarding and off-boarding and new employee logistics
- Managing requirements and logistics for new/on boarding employees.
- Assisting the department payroll administrator as needed
- Managing the procurement of office supplies and other departmental needs
- Providing coverage for other team-based Administrative Assistants that are out on PTO or sick leave
- Assisting with ad hoc project work as directed by leadership
- Previous executive administrative support experience within a large organization; experience within a compliance department a plus
- Experience in handling a wide range of administrative-related tasks, organizing large meetings across time zones and arranging travel.
- Highly-organized with an ability to demonstrate keen attention to details, adaptability, flexibility, resourcefulness and efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to act diplomatically and respectfully when communicating with key internal and external customers and individuals of varying levels
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to spot problems before they arise, find solutions, and provide timely follow-through on projects
- Demonstrated ability to work with a sense of urgency and under pressure, as needed to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- High level of integrity required for handling sensitive and confidential information
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required; experience with Ariba, Concur and HR payroll systems preferred
- Expert level of written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development Bachelor's degree preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time