American Express Careers
Analyst - Insights & Analytics
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Global Merchant Services Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness. GMS Marketing partners with organizations including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and Global Servicing Network.
This opportunity is in the American Express Business Insights team within Global Merchant Services Marketing Europe.
Business Insights is a consulting and analytics team that offers our Merchants data driven actionable insights to help improve business performance, enhance existing marketing targeting capabilities and capitalize on new growth opportunities, whilst also partnering with internal customers to provide support on key Merchant strategies and priorities.
The analyst will be expected to own the delivery of analysis on transactional, cardmember and merchant data to support across a number of business pillars; marketing effectiveness analytics, business intelligence and internal value support. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to effectively query large and complex data sets to drive actionable insights.
Projects require the ability to assess business needs, develop analytical solutions and effectively deliver market-relevant findings to partners across the business, using a combination of data manipulation and strategic thought. The work is varied, has a direct impact on business outcomes and will provide exposure to a number of key business units and internal business partners.
- Delivering (and helping to form) the data/insight strategy behind key Marketing initiatives (such as Merchant visits and Shop Small Annual Campaign)
- Developing and delivering ad-hoc analytics, tools and reporting to drive insights, marketing recommendations and business decisions
- Partnering with a highly skilled marketing team providing input into strategic analytical direction and project scope
- Creation of new products and reports to provide value analytics and insight to a broad audience
- Ability to juggle ad-hoc requests and management of project pipelines
- Communication of recommendations to a non-technical / senior audience
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- SAS/SQL programming skills required for the role (experience or willingness to learn)
- Strategic thinker and problem-solving skills, demonstrating outstanding analytical abilities
- Proven ability to translate business questions into analytical queries with a proven track record of driving actionable business insights and recommendations
- Ability to innovate and openly share insights and new ideas
- Demonstrated success in building and leveraging strong relationships with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders, and the ability to manage multiple projects for stake holders across functions & geographies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- University degree in a mathematics based subject or equivalent experience preferred
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time