American Express Careers
Sr Mgr, Merchant Coverage - EMEA
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
The Global Merchant Services (GMS) Global Strategy & Capabilities (GS&C) team’s mission is to deliver a best-in-class premium merchant member experience that will get merchants not only to accept American Express, but also to welcome and recommend us openly to their customers.
This highly visible role is responsible for consulting with stakeholders across the enterprise regarding merchant coverage across Europe. Merchant coverage refers to the degree to which merchants accept the American Express Card across industries and geographies.
The candidate will understand core client questions regarding coverage, identify the best approach for responding to the client’s needs, and developing/delivering compelling, accurate, and compliant client-facing collateral to address those needs. This person additionally will have direct ownership for driving projects aimed at innovating key team processes and offerings.
- Develop deep understanding of merchant acceptance across European markets, to include the plans of each market to expand coverage over time
- Uncover core needs of internal and external clients with respect to merchant acceptance
- Leverage strong analytical skills to understand acceptance-related data
- Go beyond analytics and be a strategic partner that offers strategic insights, communicates them clearly, and ensures that they drive business decisions
- Advise internal partners on the proper interpretation and use of merchant coverage information as appropriate
- Partner closely across GS&C and multiple business lines to create meaningful, compliant coverage-related collateral that helps win new business and retain existing customers
- Support research activities that measure coverage and coverage perceptions
- Drive initiatives that innovate and drive efficiencies in the way our global team operates
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant consulting experience
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of core analytical techniques
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate strategic insights into an appropriate analytical framework
- Flawless attention to detail
- Concise and impactful written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high-quality business results within tight deadlines
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong project management discipline
- Strong preference for candidate to be based in London
- Advanced degree preferred
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time