American Express Careers
Financial Analyst I
At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Sr. Analyst Business Planning Lac to perform in the Global Merchant & Network Services business unit of American Express.
This position will have a key role in supporting AXP, GNS, LAC businesses with relevant and accurate data to facilitate business strategy and execution of plans. It will be responsible for establishing processes to capture all relevant data to monitor / track performance of AXP GNS LAC, and provide support to all markets with periodic summary reporting package as well as required ad-hoc needs to facilitate business decisions.
Also this role will support business planning/forecast periodic exercises to ensure delivery on LOB annual targets defined, which include: P&L management, expense management, investment portfolio administration and identification & execution of savings opportunities.
- Establish and execute necessary processes to capture all relevant data to track / monitor performance of AXP- GNS- LAC.
- Develop and Maintain a standardized set of MIS reports to complement existing Capabilities (i.e. Portfolio Plus) in order to enable BDLs and Marketing teams to monitor performance of key business drivers (i.e. product portfolios, acquisition channels, etc.).
- Support planning and forecasting exercises of business key drivers
- Business P&L management, which include tracking performance, Opex control, investment portfolio administration (contractual & discretionary), reporting, identifying variances and necessary corrective actions when applicable.
- Development of business models to support new business opportunities and investment requests (acquisition incentives, new product development, issuer / acquirer new deals and/or renewals, etc.).
- Liaison with different internal teams to carry out responsibilities.
- Support in the development of different internal presentations (Business units review, investment request submission, etc.).
- Ad-hoc special internal assignments.
If you're looking for a challenge that allows you to develop your career, we invite you to join our team and be part of a brand with global presence and global opportunities. Find out more about the company, our values and how to work with us on our website. American Express Argentina, is waiting for you!
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in business planning roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field.
- Solid analytical and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (oral and written).
- Fluency in Excel and PowerPoint; MS Project experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time