American Express Careers
Account Protection Specialist
Global Fraud Protection Services is currently recruiting for exceptional Account Protection Specialists that will help guard our American Express card members against Fraud. In this role, successful candidates must be able to effectively listen to our customers, make a connection, acknowledge and empathize when appropriate. In addition, the ideal candidate will need to provide direction to victims of fraud in an inbound/outbound call environment while giving expert advice in Fraud prevention.
As an Account Protection Specialist, you must add incremental value in each and every interaction with our card members which in turn increases customer loyalty. Account Protection Specialists will be responsible for evaluating and analyzing account information while recommending tailored solutions and educating card members. Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Exercising sound judgment in a world that is gray vs. black/white
- Utilizing fraud management techniques to identify possible fraudulent situations and minimize the potential loss to American Express by gathering and analyzing pertinent data to determine the appropriate course of action
- Handle outbound and inbound calls on accounts while maintaining professional working relationship between American Express and the customer
- Investigating allegations of fraud, counseling fraud victims and/or possible fraud victims, performing identity restoration duties and victim case management
- Flexibility to keep pace with the ever changing world of Fraud
- Ability to maintain acceptable performance standards including, but not limited to: effectiveness, efficiency and world class customer service results
- Identify fraud trends and develop continuous process improvements
- Two or more years of Customer Service experience coupled with Fraud and/or call center experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced call center environment, balancing the need to support inbound and outbound call volume while meeting production and quality goals
- Passion for servicing clients with proactive solutions that grow relationships by demonstrating proven relationship building, negotiation and problem solving
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to process large amounts of information in a short amount of time and articulate a workable solution to the customer
- Above average PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook with a solid working knowledge of current Internet technology and the ability to research information for business related purposes
- Proven strength when assessing the short and long-term effect that all decisions have on constituents and day to day business processes
- Must be able to effectively listen to the customer, make a connection, acknowledge and emphasize when appropriate
- Must be comfortable with making good, sound judgement decisions and demonstrate the ability to remain calm in stressful situations while providing recommendations in unclear circumstances
- Resilient with the desire to continually improve personal performance, customer satisfaction and business brand, and demonstrated patience and ability to solve customer concerns
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision
This position will be located onsite within our service center located at 20022 N. 31st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85027. The hours of operation are seven (7) days a week from 5:00am -10:00pm including holidays.
This is a full time opportunity where candidates must be flexible to work any shift during business hours.
American Express provides a competitive base pay salary based on experience along with monthly bonus potential.
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time