American Express Careers
Accelerating sales momentum and charge volume growth are key objectives for Global Commercial Services (GCS). The Proposal Strategy (PS) team forms part of the Contracts, Legal, and Proposal Strategy global team.
The Proposal Analyst will deliver consultative partnership to US-based Sales and Account Development teams in the creation of RFP responses and Client presentations spanning the Client lifecycle (acquisition, expansion, cross-sell and retention). This Analyst will partner on the delivery and execution of winning strategies that communicate GCP value and competitive differentiation, partnering with key Marketing and Product Management colleagues. This is a non-Client-facing role.
The Proposal Analyst will deliver consultative partnership to US-based Global and Large Market Sales and Account Development teams on key opportunities. Work will include the creation of Request for Proposal (RFP) responses, presentations and other customized client-facing deliverables. This Analyst will partner on the delivery and execution of winning strategies that communicate and differentiate the Global Commercial Services (GCS) solutions. This is a non-Client-facing role.
- Providing consultative partnership in the planning, development and delivery of targeted, value-driven communications for US-based Global and Large Market clients and prospects.
- Working closely with Sales and Account Development teams to assess customer needs and develop and execute winning strategies.
- Leveraging the GCP value proposition to differentiate American Express offerings.
- Assisting Proposal Strategists in the proposal process, from research to development of customized bid responses and presentations with strategic value messaging.
- Working with the team to drive initiatives such as best practice workshops, team engagement principles and sales materials development.
- Managing workload and time to ensure that customer and internal deadlines are met.
- Identifying and utilizing best practices in conjunction with global team and regional counterparts.
- Managing across global time zones and cross-cultural collaboration.
- Staying abreast of industry trends and competitive payments landscape.
- Ensuring adequate and effective use of global processes, such as American Express brand guidelines, ONEForce, and PS policies and procedures.
The Proposal Analyst should have 1-3 years of proven business experience and demonstrated strengths in the following areas:
- Business writing and communications excellence (internal and Client-facing), specifically the ability to formulate and convey a strategy and other information in a clear, concise and visually appealing manner.
- Ability to support business-to-business sales and marketing, including exposure to RFPs and associated proposal processes.
- Ability to synthesize information and data to create compelling, professional, and customized Client-facing messaging focused on communicating value and highlighting competitive differentiators.
- Development of compelling written and visual communications.
- Organizational skills with attention to quality and detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat, with experience creating/incorporating visuals and graphics in proposals and presentations.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced working environment, often with challenging timelines.
- Commercial payments industry and product knowledge (highly preferred).
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time