American Express Careers
Program Analyst - Global Privacy Program and Reporting Team
- Design privacy program processes/systems to assist privacy subject matter experts to efficiently resolve privacy inquiries, assess privacy risks and controls, and oversee aspects of the program.
- Engage with internal teams to uplift the program through the promotion of healthy data protection practices and positive privacy experiences for customers.
- Help maintain the Global Privacy Portal and Privacy Center capabilities, which requires use of Agile methodology, as well as Rally and other Blue Box technology development tools.
- Transition complex, manual and sometime complicated processes, concepts and systems in a straightforward, understandable, and automated process.
- Global Privacy Program (GPP) support, including policy and committee governance, stewarding the management of privacy policies, standards and other guidance documents.
- Developing risk management and oversight activities, including risk libraries, privacy impact assessments or risk assessment questionnaire (NPA, PRSA, TLM), and other risk programs.
- Help with the ongoing management of privacy training and communication, and other awareness activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable privacy requirements and accreditation standards, and monitor advancements in technologies.
- 1+ years of experience in privacy/data protection or 2+ years within compliance, information security, banking oversight, and/or other risk management disciplines preferred.
- Strong process engineering experience, with ability to operationalize complex activities into BAU processed.
- Understanding of Blue Box technology and capability development processes including, Agile, Rally, User Stories, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to influence across all levels.
- Proven track record of driving results and building effective relationships with all levels of management.
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, including pivots, macros and senior leadership level presentation quality.
- Ability to analyze issues and business use cases, document analysis, and execute plans to action
- Experience working through data quality issues
- Relevant degrees or certifications preferred (e.g. B.A./B.S. or IAPP CIPP certification)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time