American Express Careers
Engineer - Oracle PL/SQL
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team that designs and develops software applications providing proactive thought leadership manifesting in effective capability solutions that adhere to architecture guidelines.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Build strong relationships with Business & Technology Partners and provide coaching & mentorship to technology teams.
- Ensures key technical design documentation is completed to a high standard and provides architectural governance, reviewing projects to ensure alignment to architectural and technical strategy.
- Serve as a core member of agile teams that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and tests and builds automation tools.
- Performing hands-on software development and testing, typically spending about 50%+ of time writing code, API specs, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints, or doing proof of concepts/automation tools.
- Driving consistent development practices - tools and common components; developing deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains.
- 4+ years of development experience with Oracle PL/SQL
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience in agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Proficient in writing PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, functions, database triggers and SQL
- Extensive hands on experience with Relational Databases
- Experience with Unix scripting is required
- Experience on performance techniques and tuning is required
- Passionate about creating great technology products and is always looking for creative & innovative solutions to meet or exceed our business partners’ needs
- Strong technical aptitude with an intense desire to learn new skills and industry trends
- Development experience with Informatica Power center is a plus.
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time