American Express Careers
Implementation Support Specialist (12 Months - Fixed Term Contract)
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Our Global Corporate Payments teams develop and deliver innovative, compelling and award-winning solutions that provide small and medium sized businesses with greater visibility and control of their spend. We’re now looking for a talented and driven Implementation Specialist to join this high profile, successful team.
The Central Implementation Solutions (CIS) is based in Brighton and the role of Implementation Specialist is an exciting opportunity for a self motivated, results driven individual who enjoys being part of a team, managing partners and building relationships.
The role is critical to the success of the UK Sales and Account Management Teams as you are responsible for ensuring a smooth and seamless end to end implementation, thus driving billings and growth for the business by creating ease for our clients to use and manage their card programmes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of new and expanding corporate clients, driving a deep and valued relationship before passing the account to the account management teams. The successful applicant would be responsible for the end to end implementations of new and expanding UK Corporate Accounts (Card and Business Travel Accounts).
- The smooth setup of all aspects of the account, including detecting missing information, the card member application process, @Work, Corporate/Personal Membership Rewards, Billing Support Files, payment methods and other in scope requirements
- Input of new and expanding corporate client data to the credit tracker risk, CRO risk tools and the resulting set up of the client’s programme
- Providing premium and dedicated customer service to our new commercial clients throughout the implementation and enrolment process
- Providing early engagement calls and e-mails to drive card activation, identifying and tackling any zero or below potential billers to drive charge volume
- Monitoring the billing and payment process by liaising directly with new customers at key times to ensure accounts are billing and settled correctly
- Working with the Sales, Account Sales, and Implementation Manager to achieve a successful implementation and handover to the relevant teams
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience of the Implementation process is required
- In-depth knowledge of Corporate Card and BTA is recommended
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and work well under pressure
- Risk/Global Credit Tracker knowledge an advantage
- An excellent working knowledge of Corporate Membership Rewards, Standard and Enhanced @Work, global/Concur feeds and Billing Support Files; being able to raise requests and advise the customer on how best to utilise
- Commercial acumen with and understanding of Balance Sheets, Cashflow and Financial Statements
- Proven track record in building and retaining relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent Telephone,verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrate self-motivation, results driven
- Proactively seeks opportunities for process improvements
- Strong customer focus; Being able to identify and deliver customer’s individual needs
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong change management skills; able to adapt in an ever changing environment
- Accountability for timely resolutions of issues
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of Excel essential
- A sales mindset/background is an advantage
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, CARE, Globestar G Reg Tool and CAS
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time