American Express Careers
Manager/Sr. Manager - Data Scientist
We are seeking a candidate with specialties in Machine Learning and Data Science to join the Decision Science group at American Express. The incumbent will apply advanced analytics and machine learning techniques to develop models for emerging business opportunities in the company. He/she will interact with cross-functional teams spanning Risk, Marketing and Technology, and be responsible for the end-to-end model development and implementation.
This role will report to Director of Decision Science with main responsibilities including:
- Design, develop and implement models for emerging opportunities with Machine Learning techniques.
- Communicate model algorithms and results to senior leaders and business partners.
- R&D on new Machine Learning techniques and their applications in risk management.
- Advanced degree in quantitative field related to machine learning, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, or Operation Research, is required.
- Hands-on experience in machine learning algorithm development or application.
- Experience in large data processing and handling, deep understanding in data science is a plus.
- Familiar with big data platform and its applications, such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, and Spark.
- Master at least one popular programming language (e.g., Python/R, Java, Scala, C++).
- Strong communication skills, able to explain complex algorithm and results to business partners in simple terms.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently yet being a team player.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time