American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager, Lending Customer Strategy & Analysis
With the team embedded directly in the core business unit, this role represents a unique opportunity for the individual to directly influence and shape core strategy, acquiring general management experience along the way that would be relevant to a broad set of roles and functions.
• Structure both internal and external data efficiently to analyze trends, develop segmentations and customer profiles.
• Deliver actionable insights through compelling story-telling to improve various aspects of the treatment conversion funnel.
• Develop business case and financial sizing for growth opportunities identified.
• Develop testing strategy and track efficacy as needed.
• Actively manage execution of strategic initiatives with a wide range of internal partners as needed.
• Effectively influence customer strategy, investment funding and resource prioritizations without direct authority.
• Self-starter with a blend of strategic thinking, analytical capabilities, and a dedicated drive to move projects forward.
• Resourceful with strong business judgment, problem solving skills and financial acumen.
• Ability to thrive in ambiguity or white space, but also disciplined in structuring problems and progressing on solutions.
• Experience in developing thoughtful, strategic writing (e.g., frameworks, case studies, proof points) and communicating to senior leadership for buy-in.
• Tactfully partner with key constituents and effectively influence without direct authority.
• Self-reliant in obtaining data; experience in (or strong desire to learn) manipulating data through programming languages (e.g., SAS, SQL or R) is preferred.
• Working knowledge of the credit card industry, basic lending economics, and CRM strategies would be a plus.
• Team player that excels in a high energy environment with winning attitude, desire to learn and have fun.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time