American Express Careers
Senior Manager-Strategic Planning
The Global Commercial Services (GCS) Strategy team is charged with defining overall GCS business strategy & priorities, lead key cross-functional strategic initiatives, and advance future opportunities in order to accelerate growth trajectory.
The Senior Manager will play a role in the development and delivery of critical business strategies, provide comprehensive analysis of business issues and opportunities, and lead specific high-priority cross-functional initiatives. Further, this role will support the overall GCS strategy planning process.
This is a high visibility role that gives direct access to senior leadership across GCS globally and provides exposure to multiple lines of business, enabling the development of a thorough and solid understanding of the GCS business.
This role is based in NY.
- Experience conducting strategic analysis and synthesizing large amounts of data in a complex, ambiguous environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively through complex, ambiguous processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional team / collaboration skills and demonstrated success at collaborating in a matrixed environment
- Experience managing multiple priorities simultaneously; ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure of deadlines, while working independently
- Outstanding ability to build and leverage relationships with key business partners, and comfort working with senior leaders
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
MBA Required. Experience in management consulting or internal corporate strategy group strongly preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time