American Express Careers
Business Development Manager
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
At American Express we pride ourselves and our teams to uphold the values of Team Work, Personal Accountability, Will to Win, and Customer Commitment.
If this sounds like you, then your next career opportunity is potentially waiting for you within our Small and Medium Enterprises team at American Express.
American Express Global Commercial Payments leverages a number of Corporate Cards, Central Bill, Foreign Currency, and Cross-border payment solutions to help corporations and SME customers drive savings, increase transparency, and offer employee rewards.
About the job
As part of a high performing team, you will acquire new business relationships with small and medium sized companies in HK by positioning our products as the leader in the commercial payment space. Your client base is comprised of referral from your own professional network and prospects you identified through LinkedIn and social media, cold/warm calls and events. Interaction with clients involves telephone and face-to-face engagement with you proactively focusing on delivering exceptional customer experience while maximizing sales efficiency.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a strong background in commercial sales, account management and business development. Prior experience in consultative selling and demonstrated relationship building skills are ideal as it will set you apart from other applicants.
You will find yourself working within a fast-paced organization that is committed to investing in both your professional development and new products and solutions to support your success.
If this role sounds interesting and if you have the following skills/experience, we would like to speak to you:
• Minimum of 3 years of commercial selling experience
• Strong communication, negotiating, and influencing skills
• Demonstrated experience and success prospecting and cold calling commercial prospects.
• Ability to build relationships with client decision makers and key internal stakeholders
• Experience using Salesforce.com and LinkedIn a plus
• Strong PC skills, experience using Apple iPad, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel
• Fluent spoken and written English and Cantonese (Mandarin would be an added advantage)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time