American Express Careers
Senior Manager, Product Development-Global Application Experience
At American Express we place an enormous emphasis on users and usability. We sit at the intersection of commerce and experiences and are unique in our business model. We are a part of a handful of companies in the world that own a user’s end to end commerce experience.
With our mix of assets like rewards, acquisition, benefits, members only perks, we are re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in a more modern, digital and connected world. As we change the way consumers and their merchant interact with each other, we are looking for unbelievably talented product leaders to define and execute against a very ambitious vision.
You’ll work among high performing engineering, design and product teams. Amongst some of the traits we are looking for, technical knowledge, principled thinking, bold decision making, have an entrepreneurial background and a laser focus on the user.
Does the above sound like you?
In this role you will:
As a Senior Product Manager for Global Application Experience team , you will be responsible for driving the digital acquisition roadmap and online application experiences across the Non card lending portfolio.
- Know what it takes to launch products regularly.
- Have the ability to define, collect and report on metrics that are clear and concise and able to articulate the impact of decisions.
- Ability to shape product programs, their KPIs and roadmaps.
- Managing the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
- Defining and executing the go-to-market plan, working to insure that marketing and sales have what they need to be successful
- Lead outcomes related to foundation, growth, and enablement
Your performance is measured by the impact of the products you launch and by your ability to lead and inspire a high-performing cross-functional team that includes Product, Engineering, Design, Data, Business Development, and Operations.
Here is what we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager working across a mix of consumer, enterprise, and internal tools.
- Technical fluency - an ability to clearly describe tradeoffs with users and engineers about certain decisions.
- Highly organized - you are great at research and documenting your learnings
- A history of leveraging both automation and operations teams to scale execution.
- Loves dealing with fast pace and changing needs
- The ability to set a high bar for your team and empower them to achieve great results
- A “driver” personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- User-centricity - examples from your past of product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users’ problems.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a agile product owner role
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent, preferably including hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors degree. Masters degree or MBA is a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time