American Express Careers
Manager for Operations (Click to Chat)
American Express’s mission is to be world’s most respected service brand. The Global Service Network (GSN) provides American Express' renowned brand of customer service to their card members in 23 locations around the world, GSN is recognized as a distinguished leader in service for their prized card members. American Express is a multinational financial services corporation best known for receiving 8 consecutive JD Power Awards for service and is world leader in providing charge and lending products to consumers.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Service Delivery Leader will primarily be responsible for providing supervisory support to at least 6-8 Team Leaders in the day-to-day management of a group of approximately 250 Customer Care Professionals.
Are you ready for anything? Here are just some of the things that you can expect when you become a part of our growing team:
- Oversee all operation teams by providing leadership guidance to Team Leads, ensuring surprise-free operations delivery and thereby achieving and exceeding business targets and goals
- Monitor on a continuous basis leading indicators of Performance [Productivity, Compliance, Service Levels and Quality] as well as Customer Satisfaction levels.
- Develop and implement quality standards, apply compliance/control in all activities of the Department to ensure quality services are delivered to customers.
- Motivate staff and leaders in the group to deliver at optimal levels – ensure high levels of employee satisfaction and retention in a high growth industry
- Serve as department conceptual leader for initiatives, which impacts all team leaders & team members.
- Provide leadership insight in Process improvement initiatives
- Ensure the focus of the Department goals and objectives is consistent with the values of American Express
- Be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with identified stakeholders; ensure timely execution of plans.
- Maintain, liaise and communicate with all levels of management and departments within and outside the company.
- Network with external linkages to obtain market information and keep abreast of the market trends.
- Provide coaching and developing at the TL and CCP levels
- Organizational Relationships Reports To: Director Operations Supervises: 6-8 Team Leaders
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Total work experience of approx. 10 years, with 2 to 5 years as a Manager, with significant exposure to call center and customer service
- Premium customer service experience (preferably in BFSI, additional B2B experience also helpful) with direct people management experience (approx. 100 people) of 5 to 10 medium to large sized teams
- Proven high performer in previous job roles
- Ability to create a highly committed work environment where people are motivated and encouraged to achieve best results through empowerment and development
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate a multi-regional LOB in order to solve problems Soft skills & Technical skills
- Excellent interpersonal/verbal written communication skills
- Must have strong leadership skills with emphasis on ability to influence others without direct authority, able to collaborate and influence at all levels
- Ability to understand cultural differences and provide coaching and input to TLs to ensure market appropriate customer treatments
- Analytical thinking skills to access impacts, draw correlations and linkages
- Strong relationship skills and quickly network to drive results across all business groups
- Strong follow up and follow through skills to drive outcomes
- Strong Presentation and Project Management skills
- Proven change agent, self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to drive results under tight timelines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, with the ability to work independently and prioritize to work to meet all timelines
- Proven history of implementing development and action plans to aid in growing team member skills to drive results
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications such as MS Excel and MS PowerPoint Educational qualifications
In American Express, we pride ourselves through the following competencies:
- Develops winning strategies
- Drives innovation and change
- Builds and leverages relationships
- Builds diverse talent
- Drives results
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time