American Express Careers
The Global Credit and Fraud Network is the company’s risk mitigation business unit with over 8000 people supporting the company’s efforts around reducing provisions, preventing Fraud and enabling spend. GCFN has been at the forefront in the last several years in helping the company be profitable by collecting historically high levels of past due money and creating a best in class Fraud protection network. This incumbent of this role will report directly to the VP of US Credit and will lead a large team in Credit Operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for flawlessly executing our strategy to prevent credit losses and enable customer spend, whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
• Manage Credit Functions - design & implement Risk Operations strategies, to drive effectiveness, efficiency and flexibility while improving compliance controls.
• Operate in close partnership with Contact & Capacity Management (CCM) to ensure capacity is aligned with volumes and appropriate staff scheduling and adherence to schedules
• Develop and execute a robust strategies for the Credit Operations front line teams
• Monitor and deliver on key indicators of performance and productivity metrics
• Develop and drive action plans to improve overall effectiveness and performance of the organization
• Take timely actions and decisions to ensure shareholder and customer balance.
• Control all financial and cost lines and proactively engage with Finance to optimise costs within respective budget levels.
• Communicate business policies and procedures across sites.
• Champion the Compliance mindset, and actively work to close any compliance gaps and implement any regulatory changes.
• Ensure the teams and our processes are audit ready 24x7.
• Ensure robust, tested and documented Business Continuity Plans are in place
• Actively engage with direct reporting teams and business partners, to deliver re-engineering saves to meet targets.
• Partner with HR and Training to build recruitment and retention strategies for premium talent.
• Ensure high levels of employee engagement and retention in a challenging environment.
• Overall 15+ years of experience including 10 years of direct credit collections experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead large scale risk operations, with good understanding of risk modelling and proven successful experience of working across RISK Management and Operational teams
• Proven people leadership experience with the ability to motivate teams
• Ability to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions based on strong operational and financial acumen.
• Analytical experience to deal with complex business problems
• High degree of decision making and problem solving
• Proven success in Continuous Improvement implementation strategies- Strong customer orientation. Should have deep level of understanding about customer experience and operations
• Project leadership experience, in order to manage network wide initiatives
• Experience in group dynamics, team empowerment, and individual change management to implement new initiatives
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Graduate Degree/MBA preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time