American Express Careers
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
This position, located in London, is part of the Global Product and Marketing team at American Express’ Global Network Services business.
We are seeing an exceptional Executive Assistant who will provide primary support to the head of Global Product and Marketing of GNS.
What you’ll be doing
Your core responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Extensive diary management
- Monitor communications and ensure a timely response
- Arrange internal and external business meetings, conference calls and tele-presence sessions across multiple time zones
- Support preparation for leader’s business meetings (printing agendas, presentations, etc.)
- Prepare and reconcile expenses
- Manage local and international travel arrangements including flights, hotels, transfers, visa applications and agendas
- Raise requests with the technology service desk and facilities and assist with resolution of the team’s issues;
- Support with additional administrative/project work as required including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation preparation;
- Maintain and update email distribution lists and team organisational charts
- Manage all new hire on-boarding/off-boarding processes
- Manage all team related administrative approval processes
- Coordinate local team engagement activities and related logistics
- Contribute to a range of ad-hoc projects working closely with the Manager Assistant
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Being proactive and staying ahead of the leader in terms of day to day logistical needs and must do’s
- Demonstrable administration or executive assistant experience.
- Extremely thorough with a high level of attention to detail and quality
- Strong organisational skills; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes.
- Experience in fast paced environment; comfortable working in matrixed organisation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Conduct self in a courteous, helpful and professional
- Proven ability to maintain good working relationships at all levels
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Strong team collaboration skills and spirit whilst working closely with other EA's in the department all of whom support and cover each other
- Can-do attitude: identify opportunities to add value to the wider team
- Ability to have fun!
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time