American Express Careers
Finance Manager, Oracle Business Intelligence
The Manager in this role will be a part of the Decision Support COE (DSCOE) Central Support team within Corporate Planning (CP&A) and has primary responsibility for delivering Automated Reporting Solutions for the larger team. This role will work closely with DSCOE, Finance and Technology teams to develop these new reporting capabilities for the DSCOE group and the larger Finance audience. The primary tools that the team will be using to deliver reporting today is Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) and Hyperion Financial Reporting (HFR).
This role will have exposure to DSCOE and CP&A leadership and offers the successful candidate the opportunity to create part of the future of the Finance function and leave a legacy within the organization. The role will also work closely with the rest of the DSCOE organization and Technologies in order to create the new reporting deliverables and to ensure continuous improvements are made to the deliverables. In addition the role will be responsible for the governance for the OBI and HFR platforms as it pertains to the DSCOE organization and help implement it across the organization. This role with be responsible for leading a team of 2 located in Phoenix.
- Highly motivated individual with an ability to drive results and work on project-related work while understanding and incorporating multiple viewpoints and motivations from a diverse set of stakeholders
- Track record of innovation and thought leadership in previous roles
- Strategic thinking and broad vision of long term
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to influence and drive alignment among various organizations and disciplines
- Ability to handle high pressure environment with aggressive deadlines while balancing long term / short term impacts and multiple priorities and customers
- A Finance background is desired
- Previous leadership experience desired
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Prior experience with BI tools, Oracle, OBI, and HFR are preferred
- Familiarity with an Agile approach to development would be a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time