American Express Careers
Manager - Finance
American Express invites you to share your resume so you can be considered for future Manager - Finance opportunities in the New York based Corporate Controllership Department.
Reporting to the Vice President, Controllership Chief of Staff and provides assistance on organizational planning, strategy and communication to the Controllership organization. You will:
- Regularly interact with senior leaders across the global team, and Finance broadly
- Lead strategic departmental business initiatives and projects.
- Develop and coordinate communication materials and presentations for senior management and other key stakeholders as required. Provide business analysis, strategic insights, financial assessment and/or decision support for the evaluation of various opportunities and ad hoc projects, as necessary.
- Lead strategic departmental business initiatives, including processes for budgeting and forecasting, goal setting, PMP/ Talent Assessment processes, year-end compensation, training and development, employee recognition and recruiting
- Develops strong relationships across customers and support groups to manage requests from senior management and ensure that key deliverables are met
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to juggle multiple tasks, with excellent organization skills and careful attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and project management skills with demonstrated proficiency in managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to transform ideas and concepts into clear and concise presentations
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to initiate and drive change management processes
- Strategic thought leadership, to identify and solve departmental needs in efficient and innovative ways
- Capacity to synthesize financial data from multiple sources and draw meaningful conclusions
- A strong work-ethic and robust interpersonal skills, showcasing the ability to build trust-based relationships across finance and with business partners across locations / geographies
- Ability to learn our business model and its key financial drivers
- Have had relevant previous work experience within the financial services/bank card/business development industry
- Candidate should have an undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance. An Advanced degree in Accounting/Finance is preferred but not required.
With a job at American Express, almost anything is possible. Apply now!
In order for your application to be considered, please complete the below steps:
1. Click on the below link and select “Apply Online”
2. Create a new username and password
3. Complete and submit your application
Our team will review completed applications on an on-going basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact soon.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time