American Express Careers
Senior Special Agent, Electronic Crimes
- Conducting internal and external investigations with particular emphasis on insider threat and complex cases involving computers and online activity
- Working daily with different Information Security teams to gather intelligence and data for possible investigation
- Performing research using multiple data sources, providing analysis and disseminating findings within Global Security
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of emerging cyber threats facing financial institutions
- Coordinating analytic and investigative efforts amongst technical, intelligence, and investigative teams during a critical cyber event or crisis
- Assisting with Quality Assurance of investigations
- Serving as the de-confliction point for significant cyber investigation through continuous engagement with the Security Operations Center, Global Security investigators and other key stakeholders on major investigations
- Leveraging Big Data to perform cyber threat analysis, alerting, and reporting
- Building effective relationships with key stakeholders who own and support IT infrastructure, applications, processes, and operations
- Staying current on industry trends, attack techniques, mitigation techniques, and security technologies.
- Regularly communicating the progress of investigations and initiatives in writing and/or in presentation to senior leadership
- Liaison with external partners to build greater situational awareness for the SOC and Global Security
- Partnering with teams across the organization to improve security risk posture
- Contributing to the development of investigative policies and procedures
- Collaborating on cyber investigations with counterparts at other organizations
- Collecting intelligence about criminal networks or organized groups that commit financial crimes
- Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years experience in law enforcement and/or investigative work, with emphasis on cyber crimes and/or online criminal activity.
- Bachelor’s or other 4-year degree preferred; fields of study to include business, criminal justice and/or computer sciences.
- Strong knowledge of computers, operating systems and system architecture desirable.
- Solid understanding of financial crimes, in particular cyber fraud means and threats.
- Operational planning experience that includes financial crime and cyber security disciplines desirable.
- Excellent analytical capability, with ability to quickly digest information to determine significance, validate accuracy and assess potential risk and impacts.
- Effective in partnering with cross-functional teams and creating/sustaining network of strong client relationships.
- Ability to compile data and intelligence from a variety of sources into a comprehensive summary that can be easily comprehended.
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to create and deliver compelling presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to prioritize work and make decisions independently with limited guidance from management.
- Extremely detail-oriented, with strong, intellectual curiosity.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time