American Express Careers
Senior Product Manager, Merchant Mobile & Web
Global Merchant Services is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS is responsible for partnering with markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
In Global Merchant Interactive, we provide the digital tools, insights and support to help Merchants of all sizes manage every aspect of their American Express relationship securely and efficiently. We are responsible for the digital products and experiences enabling Merchants to manage their account, access customized experiences and tap into the value of the network and our data. This is a fast growing team in an area of the business with significant strategic focus and sponsorship.
Within this group, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager who will help define and drive the product strategy for the Merchant mobile app and/or website. The right candidate has strong customer empathy, product judgment, business sense and analytical/data-driven mindset. Additionally, s/he has the ability to bring together engineers, designers, analytics, research and other key stakeholders from different business functions to execute against the roadmap.
This role is a great opportunity for someone to become part of an exciting and fast-paced team that is leading the delivery of digital products that allow Merchants to thrive with the powerful backing of American Express.
- 3+ years of experience in product management, with a demonstrated track record of shipping impactful features and/or products
- Digital background is required; experience with mobile app product management, preferred
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills; excited to tackle complex problems, make tough decisions and drive initiatives forward
- History of success in effectively leading and partnering with large groups of business stakeholders
- Superior written and oral communication skills; has ability to collaborate with and influence both internal and external partners
- Aptitude for user experience and technology with the ability to speak fluently with design and engineering
- Good product intuition, but reinforces decisions and planning through user research and data
- Experience with Agile methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban and SAFe
- Experience with A/B or multivariate testing, preferred
- Ability to travel (10%)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time