American Express Careers
Financial Analyst II
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
• Working as part of a team that handles all accounting aspects of American Express Credit Corporation (Credco) and its subsidiaries. This includes treasury - related accounting operations involving debt issuances, derivatives, investments and cash management, along with the purchase, sale and transfer of card member accounts and loans receivable. . Accounting controls to ensure compliance with SOX, Bank Holding Company regulations and numerous internal guidelines. . Presenting results of Credco and its subsidiaries to management. Assist with the timely completion of the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statement filings with the SEC (10-K, 10-Q, etc.) and the various other statutory reporting requirements of Credco and its subsidiaries.
• The preparation of supporting information used to compile financial statements, notes and MD&A;
• Implementation and compliance with internal controls
• Coordinating with multiple corporate and field employees to receive necessary input and disclosure support and;
• Coordinating with the Company's external auditors. Responsible for reviewing the Company's SEC filings to ensure compliance with disclosure requirements.
• Assist with determining the implications of new accounting standards on the Company and assist with associated implementation projects.
• Help with research and document the Company's position in regard to complex accounting issues. .
• Assist with preparing Financial Review Book (FRB) key financial statement accounts and other schedules prepared to support the preparation of external reporting documents.
• Working in a fast - paced environment with tight deadlines. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• This role may be subject to additional background verification checks
• Accounting degree plus 3-5 years’ experience in finance and accounting operations.
• CPA / CA. US GAAP, knowledge in the areas of financial Instruments, derivatives, investments, intercompany and multi-currency translation/ledgers a plus. .
• Excellent collaborative and relationship building skills.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time