American Express Careers
Director for Operations
The Director for Operations will have overall responsibility for operational delivery and execution of the Global Service Networks standards of service excellence through our Relationship Care ®
- Monitor ongoing business results driving Customer Satisfaction, Internal Quality and Costs drivers. Facilitate audit, perform reviews and deliver feedback across site / process. Monitor individual Team Leader performance relative to objectives and articulate performance / improvement needs.
- Monitors RTF, AHT, HOC and other customer/Shareholder indicators closely and addresses gaps for identified process. Establishes quality improvement plans in conjunction with Key linkages at GSN.
- Conduct periodic reviews of existing talent and facilitate employee development through internal and external means. Ensure succession planning.
- Work closely with HR in identifying and creating a strategy to attract and retaining talent.
- Develop and participate in EEAT Departmental Action teams, create awareness and focus on survey based dissatisfaction drivers.
- Focus on cost control through periodic reviews, suggest cost saving process (efficient) enhancements, support infrastructure and facilities maintenance and manage operational expenses as per budget
- Ensure FTE ramp up as per schedule by working with CCM and HR, ensuring correct and timely hiring by HR, coordinating training with the training organization and all OJT support requirements.
- Support training / Quality in driving Training / Quality programs to enhance productivity
- Support and strengthen BCP and ensure maximum seat utilization
- Establish / refine governance team & systems for reporting metrics across
- Meets regularly with Sending Center contacts and key linkages to review performance and establish action plans around all performance metric.
- Drive schedule adherence and attendance to improve gross availability at a process and site level.
- Assists Technologies organization in new implementation by project managing it with local team. Ensure acceptance testing, Business requirements analysis, system enhancements, Bandwidth analysis and ongoing monitoring.
- Maximize and encourage “Employee Engagement” through effective & timely communication while utilizing various leadership development programs to develop talent.
- Analytical & Six Sigma knowledge and ability to drive & implement inferences based on these to improve results.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Operations management experience, and a total experience of 10 to 12 years
- Project Leadership experience in establishing and running new operations
- Experience in group dynamics, team empowerment, and individual development, to include experience with the process of staff development.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, presentational and employee interaction.
- Analytical experience to deal with complex business problems (For Example Six Sigma, GB certification etc.)
- Experience in handling ANZ (Australia and New Zealand) accounts, an advantage.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time