American Express Careers
Business Development Manager
Businesses rely on FX International Payments (FXIP) to manage overseas wire transfers and other payments with convenience and ease. Customers enjoy access to a comprehensive suite of foreign currency payment solutions backed by personal, world-class service.
And with our secure, easy-to-use online payments platform businesses have access to competitive rates for more than 110 currencies in some markets. We have designed FXIP products to meet our customers’ cross border payment requirements and we have specific products to support the unique needs of law firms and universities.
About the Role:
Foreign Exchange Services (FES) is looking for a self-motivated and customer focused sales professional to join its high performance Sales Team in the Foreign Exchange International Payments (FXIP) business. This role will require the individual to successfully juggle both the acquisition and relationship aspects associated with acquiring and managing a large portfolio of business clients in a highly competitive industry, where relationship is key.
Candidate is required to successfully acquire and manage relationships of a large portfolio of business clients in a highly competitive industry, where relationship is key. He/She will successfully manage new accounts effectively for the first 12 months in role and efficiently transition these accounts to the account development team thereafter. He/She will be expected to rotate their time between attending self-generated appointments, making daily cold calls, and manage the needs of the existing clients.
• Strong level of financial acumen economic knowledge to facilitate meaningful discussions with 'C' level decision makers on a daily basis
• Relevant experience in corporate / business sales; financial services exposure is an advantage
• Proven track record in consistently over delivering against a revenue target
• Team player who has exceptional presentation skills, time management skills and ability to work under pressure and meet allocated deadlines
• Self-motivated with abilities in influencing/negotiating with customers
• Strong ability to create long lasting consultative relationships with our clients
• Strong level of credibility and presence in front of prospects and clients
• Ability to liaise with Mandarin speaking clients will be an advantage
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore five times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time