American Express Careers
Manager Assistant - Operational Risk
Manager/Senior Manager, Business Planning (Manager Assistant) US Consumer Marketing Services, Operational Excellence
About the organization:
Operational Excellence is a comprehensive and integrated program designed to identify, measure, assess, report, monitor and control operational risk exposures facing American Express (AXP). Through a collaborative partnership with risk and control groups, marketing, and product teams, the Operational Excellence team drives a robust first line of defense across the Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG) and Global Advertising and Brand Management (GABM) organizations, advising partners on how to effectively balance business growth objectives with a strong, effective control environment supported by the company’s Operational Excellence Framework.
The Business Planning Manager (Manager Assistant) will report directly to the Vice President of US Consumer Operational Excellence, and will serve as a critical member of the leadership team. This person will be responsible for providing strategic, business planning, project and team management support on a wide range of issues. The scope of the role includes:Serving as trusted advisor to the US Consumer Operational Excellence VP and her Leadership Team, helping design and drive the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Serving as trusted advisor to the US Consumer Operational Excellence VP and her Leadership Team, helping design and drive the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Managing senior leader presentation development and talking points, leadership team meetings, town halls, and organization communications.
- Planning logistics for key meetings with senior leaders, leadership team, town halls, and employee events.
- Coordinating talent management, performance management, training compliance, and real estate for US Consumer Operational Excellence.
- Promoting employee engagement and team-building through specialized task forces.
- Managing team budget, day-to-day operations, and prioritization of key commitments.
- Driving special projects across the organization.
This position will report to the Vice President, US Consumer Operational Excellence in NY.
- 3-5 years of experience strategic planning, project management, consulting or similar function within the Banking or Financial Services industrie
- Proven project management skills with expertise in prioritizing and successfully leading people to drive results in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Strong relationship building experience / ability to develop relationships with executives, business partners and leadership teams
- Strong communication skills to convey strategic insight and thought leadership in executing deliverables and provide high quality, actionable feedback to management
- Ability to distill complex concepts into straight forward business driving approaches
- Ability to deal with confidential information without exception;
- Strong self-starter who can manage ambiguity
- Strong team player with ability to influence without having direct authority
- Knowledge of AXP Company policies and capabilities
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time