American Express Careers
Senior Product Development Manager - Virtual Payments
Do you enjoy discovering untapped opportunities? Do you think outside the box? If so, join our high energy and fast growing team as we go through an exciting global digital transformation. American Express is one of the world’s leading payment solution providers and one of the most recognized brands. Within Global Commercial Services, our Global Digital Capabilities, Transformation & Operations team owns and develops vital capabilities, platforms and digital products for fast growing segments of American Express business, such as B2B and virtual payments.
We are seeking a Senior Product Development Manager to join our team, which is leveraging the virtual payment technology / tokenization to provide an innovative solution to enable corporate clients to efficiently handle business expenses without the need of a corporate card. The team is responsible for the definition, development, deployment and support of global capabilities, including mobile and digital payments platforms.
The Senior Product Development Manager will be responsible for the development of new global digital capabilities, including iOS/Android mobile applications and web tools. The position will report to the Director of Product Development and will be responsible for all aspects of product development including:
- Translate business needs and product roadmap into well-defined requirements, user stories and acceptance test criteria
- Lead the engagement with technology teams and UX/UI designers and leverage agile development to build customer centric capabilities
- Prioritize customer needs and user stories in the backlog and optimize delivery through iterative releases
- Conduct market research, technology evaluations and competitive analysis and apply new trends and best practices into requirements
- Test and validate the capabilities developed
- Define test & learn approach, such as A/B or Multi-variant testing
- Lead usability testing studies and focus groups to gain customer insights
- Collaborate actively and regularly with various stakeholders such as customer service, technology, marketing, legal, compliance, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline required; MBA preferred
- 6-9 years of developing user centric software products in agile, including writing requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria and over-viewing UX/UI
- 5+ years product owner expertise in developing iOs and Android applications, including defining product strategies and roadmaps and successfully execute against them
- Experience leading cross functional and technical teams in in agile
- Excellent project management skills with proven track record managing large, complex software projects with multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to drive decisions, improve products and solve complex business problems; experience in tracking product usage and performance
- Expertise in conducting market research, technology evaluations and competitive analysis
- Experience with running test & learn methodologies, such as A/B and Multi-variant testing
- Ability to manage cooperation with third-party vendors
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a sense of urgency, positive attitude and the ability to excel in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time