American Express Careers
Sr Digital Product Manager - Salesforce Intelligence
Overview of the Department: The Commercial Salesforce team is part of the new Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence (CoE) organization. Core to Enterprise Platform’s purpose is reimagining the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency.
We work closely with our sales and account development organization – selling to new clients and helping grow business with existing clients. New times bring new challenges and we need to drive huge productivity gains in our field organization. We need to do more with the people we have: sell more, retain higher numbers of clients, and drive higher satisfaction amongst our clients. Salesforce.com is the platform that will drive enhanced productivity in our field teams. We are building and delivering a single, global salesforce.com platform -- a command-center for everything our field teams need to do, see and act-on.
We are on a journey to create a best-in-class Product & Engineering Organization. Our Product people not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough products and making an impact on our sales teams, account development organization and customers, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
You’ll be challenged everyday as our team works to create the Commercial Salesforce Platform of tomorrow. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
The Sr. Digital Product Manager serves as a key member of the Salesforce.com Product team for Enterprise Platforms and will be responsible for all aspects of the end-to-end product lifecycle for features or products in whole and primarily using a Data Science Product built on Sales data. The Sr. Digital Product Manager will be responsible for innovating on behalf of our users and creating meaning product experiences. The Sr. Digital Product Manager will collaborate with business leaders and partners to support and help create a compelling product vision, strategy and roadmap, and drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment. The Sr. Digital Product Manager has responsibility for decision making and prioritization for their products, working with field enablement, design, engineering, and servicing leaders to convert the product vision and strategy into a well-managed product roadmap using an iterative release cycle with the customer in mind. The Sr. Digital Product Manager will participate actively in all phases of the process along with cross-functional teams. The Sr. Digital Product Manager may have an opportunity to lead/manage one+ product team members.
This Sr. Digital Product Manager will be focused on use cases utilizing Big Data, Machine Learning, Artificial intelligence, smart assistants etc and integrating to the Salesforce platform, creating products that will improve productivity and efficiency for sales and account development users. This includes both iterating and enhancing existing big data initiatives and creating new potential data use cases within the Salesforce platform.
- Identifying opportunities and providing input on product vision, strategy, roadmap, and features, including external benchmarking and keeping a pulse on artificial intelligence, big data, machine learning, natural language processing and customer preferences.
- Develop and refine use cases utilizing Big Data, Machine learning, Artificial intelligence, etc powering a more productive Salesforce experience for sales and account development users
- Interacting with users & stakeholders to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve real problems.
- Works with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority.
- Drives the product functional design and User Experience design process based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology.
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for his or her products, balancing the requirements of customers and stakeholders.
- Lead engineering (scrum) team to deliver data and intelligence products on the Salesforce platform
- Coordinates communication, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the Product Backlog.
- Defining and executing the deployment plan, working to ensure that field enablement and sales have what they need to be successful.
- Enabling analytics-driven decision making to evolve products, understand active usage and measure product OKR’s.
- Develops appropriate hypothesis tracking and Objectives & Key Results (OKR’s) with team to track product outcomes post-release in order learn quickly and iterate based on real data and feedback.
- Establishing the product’s goals and reviewing success metrics to achieve commercial success.
- Continually improving products post-launch, prioritizing bugs and feature requests based on customer satisfaction and meeting outcome goals measured by OKR’s.
Qualifications & Experience
A successful candidate will have:
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability;
- 7+ years of experience in Product Management and/or Product Development.;
- Prior experience with big data platforms / analytics required, experience with Salesforce.com a plus;
- MBA or related field recommended, with a BA/BS preferably in CS or technical field.
What is it about you?
- You hold yourself accountable.
- You make decisions with imperfect information.
- You solve complex problems with a highly analytical approach.
- You’re methodical in how you recover from mistakes and crises.
- You operate optimally under extreme pressure.
- You’re excellent at understanding competing priorities.
- You can build trust with and inspire your team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time