American Express Careers
Product Owner, Global Benefits - Enterprise Platforms
- Assists in grooming stories in the backlog so they meet the definition of ready that has been established by the team, then working with the team to execute on those stories.
- Know and execute agile best practices for collaboration in a fast-paced product development environment. Know emerging trends.
- Assists in maintaining the product backlog and ensures user stories are aligned to underlying product outcomes.
- Support the GBM Product Manager in the identification of technical problems, and devise solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
- Assist in retrospectives to ensure lessons learned are carried forward in subsequent development activities.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration with design, analytics, engagement, project management, and engineering.
- Assists in coordinating communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives.
- Develop process maps and document GBM’s capabilities. Ensure tech team updates API documentation after each applicable release.
- Identify and capture gaps in end user experience from product launches.
- Supports the Product Manager, Project Manager, and Scrum Master in coordination of activities and requests between various business and technology partners to ensure the core agile team remains on track to meet iteration deliverables.
- Utilize relevant reporting tools to report on and analyze key metrics aimed at understanding and optimizing the product.
- Use analytical skills and strategic perspective to identify trends & recommend solutions that will help improve the user experience.
- Support reporting activities associated with rapid and iterative development.
- Guides and educates stakeholders through engagement processes
- Utilizes strong organizational, technical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong multi-business unit and multi-country stakeholder management with ability to influence across multiple levels of leadership.
- Will work in a dynamic, complex environment and under deadline pressures.
- Effectively communicates the efforts of many Agile teams (stakeholders, product owner and, developers) deployed across markets and products.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
A successful candidate will have:
An established product management background working within a high performing Agile team in launching platforms, products or services in partnership with engineering teams would be ideal or experience working in Agile engineering team who is keen to pursue product management role
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment;
- Proven experience in Building, maintaining and communicating a product roadmap and backlog to stakeholders and leadership would be desirable
- Working knowledge of Jira to create a roadmap and track progress would be desirable
- Experience developing processes for initiative definition
- Comfortable working with software engineers to develop schematic solutions to business problems
- Data analysis and analytical decision-making, with preference for consumer services products is strongly desired
- University degree or equivalent experience preferred
Be an energetic evangelist of modern, agile, lean product thinking
- Have a passion for driving change and efficiency with partners of different disciplines
- Be well versed in the business of enterprise software, from budgeting and resource management to design patterns, testing, coding practices, deployment, lifecycle management, and beyond
- Be organized and process-oriented
- Be gratified by small wins and encourage others to do the same
- At the core of Product Management
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Emerging Technologies
- Business Analysis
- Adaptive Communication
- Strategy Formulation
- Business Case Development
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time