American Express Careers
Software Engineer - Hadoop, Applications production support
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing software engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial team that enables batch/ real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies (Hadoop/BIG DATA, Python, Perl, UNIX, and Shell Scripting) to deliver innovative solutions across multiple lines of businesses. Position requires a Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field. Good experience towards Applications production support is required.
• Manage Service Operations for Big Data Platform, drives continuous improvement initiatives to ensure Platform stability and availability.
• Primary focus is spent on supporting Use Cases (Batch & API), Data Ingestion, coordinating with other operations teams
• Brings innovative mindset and implements various automation to increase speed to market and enhance availability
• Works on a specific platform/products to deliver on business priorities
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative problem solving technologies
• Embodies “rebel with a cause” mentality by looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent OR Master’s in Computer Applications or equivalent
• 3-5 years of relevant experience is required with Hadoop/BIG DATA, Python, Perl, UNIX, and Shell Scripting.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time