American Express Careers
Not just what you can expect, what you can count on.
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing software engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our team!
Software Engineers that join our Technologies team can be assigned to one of several exciting team that are developing new virtual internet based solutions, customer service portals, online merchant services support and integration, credit management tools, and suites of web based applications that will span over globally.
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team that designs and develops software applications
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Are you up for the challenge?
- Up to 4 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience.
- A BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Experience with Java application design and development in an enterprise setting
- Android or iOS Mobile App development experience in enterprise setting is a must.
- Cantonese, Mandarin and Japanese language skills is a plus.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time