American Express Careers
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Engineer I, part of the Knowledge Management product team.
Focus of role is to develop the new POA content management solution, leveraging OneAmex, Machine Learning, new search engine based on ELK and new content management system to be developed over the next 18-24 months.
Experience with OneAmex, Search engine set-up or Machine Learning a plus, but not essential.
Software Development Responsibilities:
- Entry level ability in software development, such coding assignments
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automate deployments in test or production environments
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections Leadership
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Emerging Technologies
- Programming/Software Development
- System Design
- Testing Functional
- Business Analysis
- Data Management
- Release and Deployment
- Systems Development Management
- User Experience Evaluation and Analysis Leadership
- Analytical Thinking
- Builds High Performing Teams
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Executive Presence
- Influence and Negotiation Business
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time