American Express Careers
Mgr/Sr Mgr - Risk Management - Global Consumer Collections
- Develop best in class digital & traditional risk management tools including designing best in industry customer facing self-service experience
- Perform financial analysis, apply credit and collection principles, and develop effective risk mitigation strategies
- Analyze risk management issues by identifying, measuring, and making decisions on risks for case setup and treatment, cancellation, and reinstatement
- Create and enhance core risk foundations and design blueprints of next-generation risk management science and infrastructure.
- Create and manage customer communications with a focus on identifying optimal channels & timing to ensure increased contact
- Interface with stakeholders to create and drive best-in-class strategies to limit credit losses and enable collections.
- Strong analytical discipline, solution-oriented mindset, and focus on outcomes
- Deep curiosity and an innovative spirit through company-wide collaboration, industry practices, and disruptive thinking
- Clear, effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and cross functional environment, interacting with and influencing senior leaders, partners in risk management, global servicing network, compliance and legal.
- Team player mentality with a track record of building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional business partners
- 2+ years of experience in credit risk management or other related areas in financial services industry (required for Senior Manager)
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative field such as Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA or MS, PhD in related field) is preferred but not required given a suitable combination of formal education and experience
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time