American Express Careers
Product Analyst, Customer 360
Product Analyst, Customer 360
This position sits within the Customer 360, Enterprise Digital Application Experience & Platforms team, which is a part of the broader Enterprise Digital and Analytics organization.
The team is focused on enabling the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. A key part to accomplishing this vision, is knowing your customers (individuals or businesses) and having a holistic understanding of that customer. Customer 360 is an American Express-wide capability that provides a global enterprise view of entities (that have or had an American Express relationship with at least one product or service globally), comprehensive insights, and linkages for consumer, merchant, and commercial. This will fundamentally reshape our ecosystem and the way we engage with our customers by leveraging American Express internal/external data assets, world-class machine learning algorithms and Big Data environment.
The position partners closely with risk, marketing, digital, servicing, and technology teams on strategic projects focused on enriching the quality of customer demographic data, building intelligence and insights, supporting modernization of the platform and enabling adoption of use cases.
We’re looking for a high caliber analyst who is able to work in a cross-functional team and lead various project efforts for certain use cases.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Closely partner with stakeholders, Data Science and Technology teams to write business requirements/user stories, plan and execute User Acceptance Testing and support delivery of data capability projects using the Agile SAFE methodology.
- Support overall program management efforts including tracking project status, managing and escalating risks and issues.
- Manage specific tracks of product /capability development efforts from ideation to launch and maintenance.
- 1+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Information Management, Computer Science, or related degree desired.
- Knowledge in product and project management of technology or data-related products; experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Agile Scrum methodology or the Software Delivery Life Cycle; experience is a plus.
- Knowledge/experience and natural interest in data analytics; can demonstrate success with reviewing data and providing insights to business partners.
- Effective oral and written communication with the ability to interact effectively with diverse audience across Business and Technical teams.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, has exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills, strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Proficient/expert in Microsoft Office related products.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Programming languages (e.g. Hive, Python) and willingness to learn new tools & programming languages; Big Data techniques (i.e. Gradient Boosting Machine, Random Forest etc.)
- understanding of payments industry & systems will be a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time