American Express Careers
Collections Specialist (Evening Shift)
- Provides accurate and timely response to Internal Amex, outside agencies inquiries, cancelled card members and Debt Purchaser via telephone and/or email.
- Process manual work lists according to operating guidelines.
- Responds to all incoming correspondence as outlined in the operating guidelines.
- Update financial adjustments within designated timeframes to the correct ledgers.
- Investigate and action card member disputes and provide feedback and/or outcome to requesting party.
- Provide statement and application to agencies and card member
- Prepare and send Direct Debit, Paid in Full, Settled in Full & Default correspondence to card members as required.
- Archive incoming and out-going correspondence documents as required.
- Achieve an accuracy score of 90% or greater through the Quality Assurance assessment process each month.
- Upon request, action other collections related tasks and projects as and when required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Excellent skill in pivot table, VLOOKUP and macro would be an advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Able to make sound decisions effectively and promptly with minimum supervision.
- Good self-discipline, able to work to deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work across multiple cultures and commercial environments.
- Good interpersonal skills, mature and patience in handling difficult situations.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written. Additional languages such as Mandarin or Cantonese would be advantageous.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time