American Express Careers
Manager – Special Projects
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
The Global Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides easy access and extraordinary service for Card Members seeking leisure as well as a variety of lifestyle services. TLS serves American Express Card Members across 25 markets around the globe via a number of servicing channels including: phone, email and online. Service offerings differ by card type, with the phone channel predominantly servicing premium Card Members (i.e. Platinum & Centurion) with unique servicing models for each. The business continues to experiment and evolve with new servicing channels and models that will deliver improved experienced for our Card Members. For the past few years, the TLS business has been on a path to build increasingly global experiences for our Card Members, while allowing us internally to identify opportunities for greater efficiency, best practice and innovation across the network.
This role will work closely with the Vice President of Travel & Lifestyle Services – support the functions for Global Operations & Analytics.
They will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of strategic, analytic and communications initiatives to help ensure the business objectives of the area are attained.
They'll also work closely with the leadership team and critical partners across the business to ensure that business objectives and targets are met. This person should be strategic, detail-oriented, and a strong communicator.
This role is ideal for someone with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and establish collaborative relationships at all levels across the organization.
• Provide planning and coordination support, including project management, analytical support, and support of strategic initiatives as required, including monitoring progress against key priorities.
• Assist in the day-to-day management of business planning and operational processes, including scorecards, budgeting and operating expense management
• Lead the development and execution of internal communications and logistics for key events, business updates and other deliverables, including accountability for organizing staff meetings, town halls and off-sites.
• Support the organization in preparing strategic business reviews/presentations to senior Blue Box stakeholders such as Business Unit Reviews, Top Project Deep Dives and Performance Reviews.
• Create impactful presentations by identifying, gathering, synthesizing and assessing a variety of data.
• Proactively develop strong network and working relationships with various constituents across the company in order to accomplish tasks on behalf of the team.
• Identify opportunities within the team and create plans to enhance communication, education and other areas to increase team productivity.
• Play an active leadership role in the team’s Colleague Engagement Strategy.
• Help the team achieve compliance goals by coordinating and tracking related activities.
Balance the management of day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables.
• 3+ years’ experience in working as part of an executive office team required;
• 3+ years’ experience managing day to day VP level priorities required;
• 5+ years’ experience developing executive presentations, documents, etc. with advanced level MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills
• Proven ability to navigate effectively and across American Express
• Deep knowledge of Amex organization systems, processes and organizational structure
• Able to produce innovative, creative and impactful presentations for all levels of leadership
• Plans logistics for management of a global organization: including town halls, business reviews, leadership team meetings, working sessions, and regional/global trips
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executive presence, with experience translating complex information and requirements into clear and actionable tasks
• The individual must be highly organized, culturally-aware and a strong communicator who can effectively multitask and prioritize as needs evolve.
• Highly motivated self-starter with ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, with excellent organization skills and careful attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances
• Ability to learn quickly and work proactively with minimal direction
• Innovative and collaborative approach to problem solving and overcoming barriers
• Insight and courage to challenge the status quo
• Demonstrated relationship management skills with proven ability influence without authority across departmental and geographic boundaries
• Strong sense of integrity and ability to deal with issues and subject matter that requires considerable sensitivity, discretion and judgment
• Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree Preferred or has equivalent work experience
• Fluent written and spoken English
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time