American Express Careers
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
- Work closely with application teams to define, frame and capture business needs.
- Participate in the infrastructure design and selection process.
- Align customer needs to the evolution of the platform product roadmap.
- Oversee the diagnosis and correction of Infrastructure problems.
- Provide internal analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Conduct Infrastructure performance and security assessments.
- Support the certification and accreditation of infrastructure on customer networks.
- Provide value-added solutions for business, both tactically and strategically.
- Lead customers to understand how current or envisioned processes align to industry best practice.
- Define processes, documentation and Engineering diagrams for Technical and Operations support.
- Prioritize, complete and oversee projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the quality of deliverables in terms of the technical design, implementation, testing and adherence to technical compliance standards.
- Provide lead support and direction to the team responsible for the overall health and maintenance of all infrastructure assets
- Responsible for the Infrastructure platform and supporting technology.
- Leads the design, build, enhancement and integration of infrastructure with AET.
- Plays an integral role in building and enhancing infrastructure in terms of robustness, scalability, availability and efficiency.
- Leadership accountable for team completing assigned tasks and delivery of quality work.
- 8+ years of experience with systems analysis/programming, incorporating: design methodology, Infrastructure operations support or Engineering.
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of Oracle performance tuning required.
- Extensive experience in Oracle infrastructure and software best-practices.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of software languages, operating systems, or network protocols.
- Practical application using Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience as a lead level Oracle Database Administrator.
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Experience with other DBMS’s (e.g., SQL Server, UDB, MySQL, Postgres) is a plus.
- Experienced knowledge using the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, configuring and maintaining of assigned application(s).
- Core knowledge of platform delivery methodology (Agile, Scrum, Agile XP, Test-Driven Development, Waterfall, etc.).
- Detailed understanding of software defined networking, automation and orchestration.
- Agile Practices
- Emerging Technologies
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Programming/Software Development
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- System/Platform Domain Knowledge
- Systems Design
- Systems Installation/Decommissioning
- Systems Integration
- Business Analysis
- Capacity Management
- Change Management
- Release and Deployment
- Requirements Definition and Management
- System Software
- Adaptive Communication
- Analytical Thinking
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Documentation & Technical Writing
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Technology Industry Trends
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Continuous Improvement
- Growth Mindset
- Learning Agility
- Open Communication
- Servant Leadership
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time