American Express entered the travel agency business more than 100 years ago (1915), and it is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle service networks today. The Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides differentiated value, extraordinary service, and unrivaled expertise to Card Members seeking leisure or business travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle/concierge services.
TLS serves numerous cardmember segments around the world, leveraging different channels, including our customer contact centers, market specific travel websites, and evolving digital solutions. Service also can be obtained through a network of franchised travel agency partners via the American Express Representative Network (US only). Access to the wealth of benefits and services provided by TLS provides a competitively differentiated Card benefit that is part of these cards’ overall value proposition.
The Global Customer Experience & Digital Channels Team is a group within TLS that imagines, enables and evolves the end-to-end TLS customer experience. The team drives technology product management as well as the overall business strategy – with innovation at the heart of almost everything we do.
This includes assessing existing customer journeys and associated servicing models, suggesting strategic opportunities for improvement, developing roadmaps for these solutions, collaborating with teams across TLS and American Express, piloting ideas for quick learning, and leading full execution of projects end-to-end. The team is also responsible for:
· Overall TLS strategy
· Product ownership
· Maintenance and improvement of all consultant facing servicing capabilities
· Transformational change
Overall, the responsibilities of this team tend to focus on driving strategic bets and large scale transformation through strong collaboration with a variety of TLS and other stakeholder teams (e.g., Technologies, Product and Benefit teams, Amex Labs, Enterprise Digital).
· Support development of global TLS strategy over the next 3-5 years, in conjunction with overall AXP strategic bets and business goals
· Develop roadmaps for global initiatives in digital transformation, cardmember engagement, and enhanced premium travel value proposition
· Own and execute pitches for strategy development and socialization
· Collaborate with key blue box partners for input and alignment on strategic vision and priorities
· Leverage external competitive research and benchmarking to identify and support new transformation initiatives
· Create, own and iterate on central intelligence hub for industry best practices, trends, innovation and reporting for global travel, lifestyle and digital customer experience
· Drive project prioritization to inform resource optimization and allocation
- You are a travel insider with expert knowledge of the global leisure and business travel industry
- You are a creative problem solver who is comfortable challenging the status quo, navigating ambiguity, and providing implementable answers to unstructured problems
- You are a thoughtful thinker who can analyze and synthesize complex and diverse information
- You are a strategic contributor with a proven track record of developing and implementing strategic projects in a global and highly matrixed environment
- You are an adept interpreter who can translate overall business vision and objectives into tactical strategies and plans
- You are an expert project manager who has successfully implemented complex initiatives E2E
- You are a collaborator who is able to influence senior leaders and present clear and logical solutions to complex business problems
- You are a people person, who can develop strong working relationships with executive leaders and business partners to define, launch and drive strategic and operational initiatives
- You are a coachable talent, who can both be developed and develop others
- You are a hard worker, with a strong work ethic and team player attitude
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree required
- MBA (or equivalent) strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience; focus in travel, strategy and consulting a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time