American Express Careers
Virtual Customer Care Professional - Small Business
At American Express, we invest in you! Recognized as one of the “world’s most admired companies,” you have the potential to earn an annual compensation between (33K-100K+) based upon prior work experience and performance on the job as an American Express Customer Care Professional. (Pay rate includes base salary plus incentive dollars.) Employees enjoy a generous benefits package, retirement program, along with comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will help you achieve your professional goals.
American Express is an admired brand, with solutions and service as the perennial attributes clients use to describe us. On occasion, we have the unique opportunity to add new talented professionals to our sales and service organization.
Individuals that have a winning attitude, coupled with demonstrated success in customer service, relationship building talents and with an excellent aptitude to position and sell products are the only candidates that need apply. American Express has the best payment products in the world, and we are looking for the few individuals that possess the skills to serve the best customers in the world, ours.
As the face and voice of the American Express brand
you will make a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers, and grow
your career. Our unique servicing philosophy, Relationship Care for Business®
puts your passion to serve and your drive to match customer needs with products
at the center of every customer interaction, creating an opportunity to deliver
unique value to our American Express OPEN Customers.
If you possess the above experience, skills and share our values of providing remarkable experience for customers, and selling products to meet the needs of our clients then we look forward to receiving your application and speaking with you.
What would you do every day as a Customer Care Professional?
· Service inbound calls while engaging and consulting with small business owners and decision makers, learn about their needs and recommend the right American Express OPEN products
· Deliver high levels of product and service knowledge to clearly communicate appropriate product features, benefits and other elements of American Express OPEN small business services
· Continuously improve on key selling skills, including building rapport, understanding customer needs, handling objections and closing sales
· Provide extraordinary customer care by responding to questions concerning accounts in a fast paced, structured customer care environment
· Document necessary account information according to established policies and procedures
· Integrity: Adhere to all Regulatory and Compliance guidelines related to servicing and sales practices
· Paid training, to be completed from your home office on company-provided equipment
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
· Customer service experience (two years+) with a passion for building customer loyalty through exceptional listening, consultative relationship building, resourcefulness and strong written and verbal communication
· Proven success in a customer service and sales environment (two years+)
· Ability to work in a fast paced metric driven environment with proficient multitasking and navigation in a web based environment
· Experience owning or working in a small business is a plus
· This position operates in a 24/7 environment and we are currently hiring for day and early evening hours.
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred; Education benefits available
This is a virtual, work from home position. If you live within 35 miles of one of our service centers (Phoenix, AZ, Salt Lake City, UT or Sunrise, FL), please review our Careers site for positions located onsite at one of these centers. Current American Express employees are not eligible to move from an onsite position to a Home Based position at this time. The hours of operation will fall within a 24/7 environment. The start date for this position will be August 13, 2018. After the 90 day training commitment, shift hours will be made available.
American Express will cover the connection cost and monthly fees for dedicated telephone and Internet service from an American Express approved provider in your area. The requirements are as follows:
- Dedicated and separate high-speed Internet, with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISPs allowed)
- Dedicated and separate analog landline phone (no VOIP – voice over internet protocol) for training and production calls. (e.g., Magic Jack, Vonage, etc.); phone modem preferred (vs. a wall jack), where available
In the event there is no American Express-approved provider in your area, but there is a provider that offers the appropriate cable or DSL connections, American Express would also make available a one-time reimbursement of up to $100 for any set up fees you incur with your provider. You would also receive a monthly allowance on the first paycheck of each month to help cover the costs of these services. You will be required to locate a provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections.
- A secure home office free from background noise or other distractions
- Residence in one of 47 states where we currently hire (all U.S. states, with the exceptions of California, Alaska and Hawaii)
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time