American Express Careers
Service Delivery Leader - Credit & Fraud Risk Controllership
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
This Manager position in the Credit & Fraud Risk Controllership (C&FRC) organization will play a key role in achieving our goal to protect and assure the integrity of the AXP financial statements and proactively mitigate controllable financial risk. As part of a world-class Controllership group, the C&FRC organization is responsible for managing end to end credit and fraud process from reserve adequacy assessment through to the external financial statements and regulatory reporting.
The C&FRC group has recently reorganized along functional responsibilities. This role will support the operational processing for global credit reserves. This position will work closely with the C&FRC Relationship Management group in Phoenix to ensure accurate and timely reporting of global credit reserves.
• -Play a key role in ensuring credit reserves are adqueately, accurately and timely booked
• – Responsible for Credit metrics reporting & regulatory reporting
• - Prepare externally disclosed footnotes and regulatory filings for worldwide Accounts Receivable, Loans and related reserves for American Express and subsidiaries and related analyses
• - Prepare monthly internal provision and reserve reporting and MIS in support of RIB Finance and communicating to business partners
• - Lead ad-hoc projects to perform deep dives and improve control environment and process improvement
• - Support internal and external audit reviews and controls including SOX PRSA Management
• - Manage team of 2
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Qualifications5-7 years of financial and accounting experience including strong technical accounting knowledge in US GAAP and Regulatory Reporting
• Degree in Accounting / Finance, CPA or CA preferred
• Experience with credit reserves and portfolio analysis, financial modeling and accounting
• Experience with financial reporting requirements and processes
• Strong knowledge of Amex systems (Triumph, Globestar, Oracle), strong MS Excel capability (advanced Excel formulas)
• Experience in control activities under SOX 404
• Strong process orientation and analytical problem solving skills, demonstrated process improvement
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong collaboration and relationship skills
• Results driven, self-starter, able to lead and influence without direct authority
• Ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, and effectively manage in a matrix organization
• Effective leadership skills and commitment to mentoring, coaching and developing direct reports
• The incumbent should be tenured for a minimum of 18 months at Band 30 or Band 35 in the current role as on the date of application deadline.
• The incumbent should not be on level 3 or above counseling at the time of applying.
The incumbent should have a performance rating of G2L2 or better in the last review
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time