American Express Careers
Centralised Client Manager UK
Within Client Management, a CCLM is accountable for pro-actively managing relationships with high value Merchants over the telephone.
In this role the CCLM is expected to drive business growth within a defined portfolio of approx. 100 merchants. The CCLM executes a contact strategy in order to ensure relationship building, merchant satisfaction and retention. He/she will set up account plans, identify expansion opportunities, ensure full acceptance and provide merchants with valuable Business Insights and Marketing options.
- Driving growth of American Express charge volume and revenues
- Maintain and grow active locations
- Establishing contact & achieving minimum productivity levels
- Improve merchant satisfaction measured through annual survey
- Retention of account
- Ensure compliance and control
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- English native speaker
- Solid experience in relationship management or sale roles ideally over the telephone (+1year)
- Customer driven, able to find solutions to meet customer needs, creative thinking
- Excellent level of negotiation and objection handling skills
- High level of business awareness and financial acumen including ability to understand key financial drivers and draw accurate conclusions from them
- Good understanding of American Express business and processes
- Ability to learn new skills, question the status quo and adjust to changing environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills, able to set priorities to achieve goals, accountability
- Proven ability to independently drive and consistently deliver excellent results in a very challenging competitive environment
- Strong analytical, oral and written skills
- High level of determination and self-confidence, ability to work in groups and contribute to the team success
- Market native speaker. Due to the nature of the role applicants must be native speakers or have in-depth knowledge of the country and culture, gained by having lived long periods of time in the country or by having had previous working sales experience in the country
- Eligibility to work in Spain
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time