American Express Careers
Senior Engineer UI - UX
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial Technology team responsible for developing products designed to increase card member engagement through the implementation of tech integrations with Digital Partners. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. This is a very exciting opportunity to join an organization leading Digital Transformation within American Express. This organization is responsible for the delivery of ground breaking digital partnerships leveraging cutting-edge technology, and enable incredible digital experiences for American Express Card Members. Primary
• Serving as a Senior member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops CMS applications, and tests and builds automation tools
• Implementing Authentication and Authorizations experiences for enterprise.
• Owning all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
• Performing hands-on software development, typically writing code, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
• Driving consistent development practices, tools and common components
• Developing deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
• Working with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
• Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
• Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
• Work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems
• Commitment to software practices of continuous Integration, automated/repeatable testing, and collaborative work environments
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time