American Express Careers
Pricing Analyst, US Pricing
The Global Merchant Services (GMS) Pricing team is responsible for the single largest source of American Express’ revenue: Merchant discount revenue. The team works closely with multiple business partners to determine the ideal pricing structure to encourage merchant acceptance of American Express, while striving to improve coverage and merchant satisfaction. Ultimately, we drive merchant revenue and profit growth through customer-centric pricing principles, more flexible pricing architecture and innovative pricing solutions.
This experience Analyst position sits in the Merchant Services Americas (MSA) Pricing team within GMS Pricing and is responsible for driving the strategy and analysis of various National Client Group (NCG) merchants, as well as broad-scale pricing initiatives aimed at preserving our merchant discount rate while balancing the organizations goal for profitable charge volume and merchant expansion.
- Partner closely with Client Management, Finance and Legal teams to provide strategic and analytical support on pricing decisions, value story analyses and ad-hoc projects
- Provide thought leadership and creativity to develop problem-solving strategies, including pricing terms, value exchange levers, trade-offs, to secure key financial and non-financial terms
- Evaluate and develop business cases for various merchant pricing scenarios and model P&L impacts
- Evolve and maintain a range of pricing tools to drive efficiencies, consistency and insights across Pricing teams globally
- Drive implementation, maintenance and reporting of pricing programs and strategies
- BA/BS Degree; 2+ years work experience is ideal
- Strong aptitude for analytics; Demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models in Excel and draw value-add strategic insights from large amounts of financial data
- Expert-level proficiency with Excel and creating models that accommodate review of multiple scenarios or possible outcomes
- SQL querying experience or proficiency in SAS, Access and other database tools preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- Ability to handle high pressure environment with aggressive deadlines
- Strong team orientation with ability to collaborate with peers and senior management
- Continuously seek process improvement and play a lead role in driving change in the organization with energy, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial mindset
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time