American Express Careers
Sr. Engineer - JAVA / NOSQL / OOP
- To work as a core member of an Agile team driving the latest development practices.
- To write code and unit tests, working with data, frameworks and automation.
- To Identify opportunities for adopting new technologies.
- To lead a team of Engineers that delivers next generation of data platform.
- Preferably a BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline.
- 5+ years of Software Development experience.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills and design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of Java and/or Python, Big Data Technology Stack - Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Ignite, Hive.
- Experience with Relational and NOSQL databases.
- Experience in data streaming platform / workflows like Nifi, Kafka, Beam is huge plus.
- Good knowledge of build tools like Maven or Gradle.
- Good knowledge of Configuration Management tools like Github.
- Well versed in Software Engineering principles, frameworks and technologies.
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions to Technology and Business teams.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and passionate to exploit them to their optimal potential.
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time