American Express Careers
Do you have what it takes to be part of a global communications team? This role will report to the Director for Public Affairs & Communications based in Phoenix, AZ and will be responsible for providing internal and external communications to support the local market! It’s about time for AMEX Manila to be heard and we need you for that to happen!
- Oversee all awareness and engagement through communication about key “Blue Box” and market-specific initiatives in Manila and ensure execution;
- Create effective strategies in determining communications programs and channels to help to advance business initiatives;
- Directly advise and influence senior leaders across the market on all things communications and drive the market and leadership communications programs for the local leadership;
- Be responsible for various network activities and strategies, such as company-wide editorial content and business unit communications;
- Lead local PR strategy to support American Express as a great place to work;
- Promote the Customer First mindset to all colleagues through ongoing communications and in multiple channels;
- Pitch story ideas, writes, and manage approvals for Blue-Box wide Square homepage feature stories as well as develop content for news publications and intranet, and write and distribute organization announcements and market-wide updates;
- Oversee the market visual communications strategy digital/TV screens and serves as subject matter expert on the technology platform and provide oversight and counsel department leaders to ensure this channel delivers the maximum impact of engaging content;
- Create strategy and provide communications support for, and as appropriate, organize market events supporting company/initiatives (e.g., Customer Service Week, Customer Service Awards, JD Power, etc.);
- Execute an integrated external strategy inclusive of business organization memberships, workplace recognition/surveys, and awards, as appropriate.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent;
- 5+ years of professional experience in Journalism, Public Relations, Customer Service Communications or a closely related field;
- Proven ability to deal with high pressure environment and constant change;
- Solid experience in writing compelling articles;
- Proven experience and ability to persuade senior leadership;
- Established skill in exercising smart judgment regarding prioritization of many communications;
- Web/graphic design, video editing and photography experience (A major plus)
If you this role is speaking to you, or you know have someone in mind who’d be perfect for this opportunity, please do not hesitate to e-mail Minerva.email@example.com and she will be sure to get back to you in 24-48 hours.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time