American Express Careers
Senior Manager - UK Regulatory Compliance
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one
The Senior Compliance Manager supports the UK Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) who leads the Compliance function in the UK for all the lines of business operated by the different legal entities within this market.
The role requires interaction with the various lines of business in the UK, as well as working closely with GCO, Central Compliance Teams, International Compliance Testing Teams, Centre of Excellence (COE) Testing Teams, Line of Business Compliance Officers for the appropriate entity, the Money Laundering Reporting Officer and the anti-corruption team in the market to ensure that the activities meet UK regulatory requirements.
The Senior Compliance manager works with the business to ensure that there is a strong compliance culture in the UK. This includes supporting the UK CCO on compliance related activities such as Compliance Risk Assessment, Second Line Testing, Reporting and other activities as required and working with the UK business to ensure that it meets its objectives in a compliant manner.
- Currently the position is responsible for leading on the following tasks:
- Manages and leads the effective design and timely delivery of a robust risk based Compliance Testing Plan that assesses and reports on the effectiveness of business processes, systems and controls.
- Conducts independent compliance monitoring and testing of business level controls in the UK and provides advice to the Line of Business Compliance Officers and the business to mitigate conduct risks within the business to deliver fair customer outcomes
- Develops Compliance testing reviews methodology and associated procedures; and produces high quality, concise, timely, and accurate compliance testing reports
- Is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of Compliance testing activities, including compliance issues and corrective actions, regulatory impacts and for the design and communications of compliance testing documentation, templates, processes and procedures. Provide administrative oversight as necessary to effectively document Compliance Testing activity.
- Coaches and supports the Compliance Testing Team for the successful delivery of the annual compliance testing plan.
- Regularly liaises with first, other second and third line teams to discuss and communicate compliance activities, and understand business needs and current issues in the market.
- Compliance Risk Assessment: Designs and conducts/oversees compliance risk assessments to identify and assist the business in mitigating regulatory risks.
- Assists with identifying UK related risks and the relevant businesses in mitigating UK regulatory risks.
- Compliance Programme/ Policies: Develops and assists in the development and maintenance of compliance programme-related policies. Ensures the compliance programme for the UK is documented in compliance manuals and procedures, and regularly updated and maintained.
- Co-ordination: Co-ordinates with Line of Business Compliance Officers and International Testing Teams by leading and attending regular meetings and forums.
- Reporting: Assists in the preparation of regular reports to senior management and the Board/Governance Committee as appropriate, providing crucial information on the Compliance plan, performed activities, results of second line of defense monitoring and testing activities, compliance-related risks and risk indicators, and the escalation of compliance issues and incidents.
- Business Unit Records Corodinator: Assures continuous compliance with AMEX policies, acts as a single point of contact for stakeholders and users, corordinates the monitoring and review of the records management process across the business unit and prepares and/or corodinates Records Management process acros the buisness unit.
- Other: Deal appropriately with other staff and control functions, and perform other tasks as requested or necessary from time to time to support the effective running of the overall UK Compliance program.
- Continuing education: stays current on compliance topics by attending events, seminars and meetings arranged by law firms and professional associations.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience of working in a control or testing environment, or with critical governance programmes.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting, ability to drive business insights from the data and provide actionable steps.
- Strong influencing, communication and relationship skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills, with a track record that clearly demonstrates cultural awareness and an ability to build lasting partnerships across local and market teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills demonstrated across band levels and business acumen.
- Knowledge of regulatory environment.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, adaptable and detail oriented with a proven ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills and must be able to manage competing priorities under demanding deadline.
- Knowledge of company operating processes within Amex.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time