American Express Careers
Sales Account Manager
American Express provides customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We recognize that our most valuable asset is our people. After all, it’s our people who deliver an excellent service to our customers all around the world, and it’s our people who therefore drive our ambition to become the world’s most respected service brand.
The GCP Nordic Large Market Team manages strategic corporate payment relationships with clients. This Manager is responsible for growing and retaining the corporate payments spend in a portfolio of existing and potential new clients in the Nordic Region. The portfolios include primarily National & Nordic relationships within the defined segment.
Serve as payments expert for all corporate payments solutions within portfolio to deliver on the GCP value proposition
- Leveraging industry knowledge and expertise in development of growth and retention strategies and delivery of insights to clients
- Achieve portfolio growth and retention targets
- Influence and innovate to overcome complex client barriers, resolve escalated issues, and manage internal stakeholders
- Lead development of proposals and pricing for client renewal and expansion, negotiate client contracts, and oversee implementation of solutions
- Use the Challenger Selling Model as a guide to teach clients, problem-solve, and tailor sophisticated commercial card solutions
- Identify portfolio growth opportunities and deliver on plan to achieve, collaborating with internal resources to maximize/expand supplier network and spend growth
- Proactively provide expertise on policies, benchmarking, and recommendations to optimize programs, reduce costs and drive efficiencies for clients
- Identify and develop relationships with decision-makers within client organizations to influence program management and growth
- Interface with various divisions of American Express to develop and implement customized and strategic account plans
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
We are seeking a minimum of 3 to 5 years prior relationship management and/or sales experience. Fluent in Swedish and English is a requirement.
Ideal skillset includes the following:
- Entrepreneurial approach to portfolio management; able to identify opportunities and manage through sales process
- Innovative and collaborative approach to solving problems and overcome barriers impacting client value or growth
- Demonstrate effective oral and written presentation and communication skills, with the ability to influence internal and external partners
- Ability to gain in-depth understanding of client needs, to develop and execute a client-focused account plan with limited support and guidance
- Proven relationship management skills demonstrating a comfort level and effectiveness in seeking out and establishing relationships at C-levels and within cross-functional areas within large companies
- Ability to effectively present products, technical solutions, and financials to clients in a strategic manner
- Ability to effectively influence and manage change and display solid leadership skills
- Sells with integrity, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements
At American Express you’ll be rewarded with an excellent package and will enjoy all the competitive benefits, training and career opportunities you would expect from such a diverse and successful international organization.
You will be given continuous coaching and feedback in your work, to get the best chances to succeed in your role. You will be developing into a professional role as well as personally grow in our international and exciting Company.
We look forward to see who you are, and to your application!
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time