American Express Careers
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
Incumbent will be responsible for the developing applications within a team focused development of software and automation solutions. This is a small team of developers leveraging various technologies. The team is unique in nature within American Express and focuses on tool and automation development, which is leveraged by testers across the Testing, Remediation & Access Management (TRAM) organization in a UAT setting. We also support the Access Management group which provides ID provisioning across the Business via tools/capabilities. While tool development is the focus, this does not mean that other projects will not surface and take priority as needs change.
• Incumbent will be responsible for the development of software and automation solutions within a small team of developers leveraging various technologies. The team is unique in nature within American Express and focuses on tool and automation development, which is leveraged by testers across TRAM organization in a UAT setting. We also support the Access Management group which provides ID provisioning across the Business via tools/capabilities. While tool development is the focus, this does not mean that other projects will not surface and take priority as needs change.
• Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, evaluates, modifies, deploys and documents software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
• Analyze requirements/ user stories to appropriately support design activities
• Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code / API's
• Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
• Produce software builds from software source code
• Conduct integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results
• Perform unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts
• Conduct code reviews and tests of automated build scripts
• Debug software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others)
• Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
• Provides continuous support for ongoing production application availability
• Write instructions to guide computer operators during production runs
• Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
• The team has varying skill sets and the ability to lead when asked or follow when asked is crucial to facilitate team harmony.
• Position is unique in nature and requires more than just the ability to code. Ability to communicate with non-technical peers is critical. If you can’t convey it, it doesn’t exist. Individual should be able to think with breadth while always keeping the bigger picture in mind.
• Incumbent should have a versatile approach to problem solving: knowing when they have an answer and knowing when they don't.
• Software craftsmanship should be a top priority, as should the ability to "get things done.” We want someone with passion who enjoys solving problems.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• 4+ years non-scholastic C# development experience (unit testing, troubleshooting via logs, UI/backend, threading, OOAD, DI/IoC, etc…)
• 4+ years hands on WPF/SL or ASP.NET MVC experience
• 4+ years hands on SQL experience (stored procedures, functions, batch jobs, etc…)
• Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
• Understanding of product delivery life-cycle; version control/versioning
• Strong communication skills; ability to support multiple concurrent activities and interface with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
• Effective team player; well-developed analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges
• Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
• Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
• Experience with WPF is a plus
• Experience with Rally and HP ALM is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time