American Express Careers
Manager Merchant Processing And Policy
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The Global Merchant Process and Policy (GMPP) team is part of Global Strategy and Capabilities within the GMNS business. GMPP is committed to improving our core E2E transaction processing so that it is easy, fast and reliable for all merchants to do business with us.
This role is responsible for driving initiatives to improve the merchant experience in the EMEA region across the core merchant processes including account setup, authorizations, submissions, disputes, servicing, payments and reconciliation.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Use Business Transformation techniques to identify gaps, failure points and opportunities to improve process and merchant experience.
- Use rigorous analysis of available process data to build strong cases for change and CBAs in support of identified process improvement opportunities.
- Design and implement metrics and key performance measures to track and prove the benefit of process improvements.
- Manage the implementation of process improvements working with all key stakeholders and contributors to ensure a successful implementation.
- Manage the engagement of Technologies through the Agile development life cycle to ensure viable and cost effective technical solutions.
- Gather and analyze competitive intelligence to identify American Express’ strengths and gaps relative to industry standards and/or the competition and identify important trends to incorporate into process management strategy.
- Build and maintain Process Roadmaps to define and communicate the development strategy from POD to POA for all core merchant processes.
- Build capabilities to offer new products and services.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong analytical capability to map and understand detailed processes and identify areas of opportunity.
- Good overall knowledge of key merchant processes and in particular, payments, disputes and reconciliation.
- Be an expert in Project Management methodology, to ensure rigorous project management discipline, milestone tracking and effective contingency plans when there are changes and obstacles to the original plan.
- Proven ability to think creatively, come up with new ideas and deliver solutions that meet customer and business requirements.
- Must be able to drive results through influence management and collaboration across multiple stakeholders.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral. This individual must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in benchmarking and understanding payment industry trends.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time